Trauma season 2 episode 15 - 9jalandzone

Breaking

Gallery

BANNER 728X90

Tuesday 30 January 2018

Trauma season 2 episode 15

TRAUMA
(PAINS OF LOVE)
WRITER:-NOBLEQUEEN NYONG
08164066271
:
SEASON TWO
EPISODE FIFTEEN
* * *
PRESTIGIOUS INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL.
:
We were being led to the back of the
block but fortunately for me, the
grass there didn’t need cutting but
no grass meant washing of three
toilets each, chai- yawa.
“There’s nothing to do, you guys
should go back to your classes,” KC
said. Oboi! My excitement knew no
limits. I quickly turned to join others
but KC, the puntuality prefect called
me back.
“How are you Becky?” he asked while
Eric glared at him.
“I’m fine senior,” I replied,
wondering why he asked.
“KC, wetin that one come mean?” Eric
asked in pidgin.
“Wetin e look like,” KC glanced at
him and back to me. “Go to your class
sweetheart.”
“Sweetheart!” I coughed, then
nodded and left. I could feel Eric’s
eyes on me but I fought and triumph
over the temptation of looking back
at him…
:
INSIDE THE CLASS
:
I obtained permission from the
economics teacher and entered the
class. I sat quietly on my locker after I
had greeted him, opened it and
brought out my note but
unfortunately, he was about
rounding off, so I just closed my book
and listened. Soon, he was through
and luckily for me, he handed me his
lesson note and showed me where
to start and stop.
The next subject was Geography and
since it was optional, I didn’t register
for it coz I couldn’t read maps and all
those latitude bla bla bla and that
meant I had time to copy the
economics note I had missed. I
opened the books and touched my
hair for my pen but it wasn’t there. I
hissed within myself and looked
round the class, it looked scanty coz
the Geography students had gone to
the field. Queen too had gone. The
only person I used to talk to that was
in the class was David coz the only
thing I had ever said to the other
students was just “HI.”
I really needed to copy that note so I
could return it, so I swallowed my
pride and turned to David. “Do you
have extra pen please?” I asked.
David didn’t say a word but instead,
opened his locker and brought out a
pen which he handed to me.
“Thank you,” I said and held the pen
but he refused to let go.
“How did you feel when I snubbed
you?” he asked as both of us held
each end of the pen.
“Bad!” I said, wondering why he
asked.
“That’s how I feel when you snub
me,” he smiled. “Let me help you
with the note.”
I stared at him for a moment, then
released the pen and picked up the
note for him. We began gisting and
laughing calmly while he copied the
note.
“I went to your house but…”
“Good for you,” he interrupted. “Next
time you try that again, I will…” he
paused and smiled.
I smiled too as I supported my chin
with my elbows on top of his locker.
“You will, Do what?”
“We ain’t allowed to kiss anymore,
so,” he lowered his voice and
dropped the pen.
“Tell me na,” I pleaded.
He looked at me for some time
before picking up the pen again.
“Nevermind.”
“David!”
“Becky!”
I chuckled, “Forget, just help me
biko.”
“As your class boy abi wetin?”
“As my friend,” I said and he smiled…
:
David finished the note long before
the Geography period was over. We
talked and laughed till the other
students returned.
The English teacher came in minutes
later.
“I have something to show you
during Break,” Queen whispered as I
tried bringing out my English note.
“And what’s that if I may ask?”
“Keep calm and anticipate,” she said
and closed her locker, thus bringing
the discussion to an abrupt end.
“It better be something good coz I
don’t trust you,” I eyed her, hissed
with a low voice and closed my
locker.
The rest of the class went well but I
couldn’t stop thinking of what Queen
had to show me coz that girl was like
a chameleon and could be so
unpredictable but nevertheless I had
patience till break period…
Immediately the bell was rung and
the teacher went out of the class, I
turned to face Queen without even
putting my book inside.
“Oya, tell me!” I ordered.
“Haba, calm down na,” she chuckled.
“No, I won’t, tell me?” I said feeling
very impatient.
“Okay ma.”
She opened her school bag and what
she brought out surprised me.
“Queen! A new phone?” I said, almost
shouting.
“Don’t shout na,” she pleaded and
looked around the class to make
sure no one was watching but David
was quietly watching.
“Who owns it?” I asked, feeling very
uncomfortable coz the use of phone
was prohibited in the school
compound.
Queen smiled broadly, “My counsin, a
very handsome guy, sent it to you.”
“And you collected it, are you out of
your mind? Besides I don’t even
know your cousin,” I frowned…

No comments:

Post a Comment