Trauma season 2 episode 14 - 9jalandzone

Breaking

Gallery

BANNER 728X90

Tuesday 30 January 2018

Trauma season 2 episode 14

TRAUMA
(PAINS OF LOVE)
WRITER:-NOBLEQUEEN NYONG
08164066271
:
SEASON TWO
EPISODE FOURTEEN
* * *
:
Mom stared at me like one who had
gone nuts. I just stood and stared,
wishing the tiled floor would open
up and swallow me.
“When last did I treat you of
malaria?” Mom asked.
“Mom!”
“Yes because I think you’re running a
fever.”
“But I just want to see…”
“Shut up!” Mom barked.
“But mom…”
“I said shut your mouth or I shut it for
you,” she yelled, raising her hands to
slap me while I shifted back and she
lowered down her hands. “How
many times will I tell you that boys
have nothing to offer at your age,
ehn Becky?”
“It was only a dream mom,” J said
calmly with my hands behind my
back.
“Just a dream? And when did you
start dreaming about boys?”
Just then, my cousins and Ken came
rushing into my room.
“What’s wrong?” They asked in
unison, each holding a part of my
body except Nath who moved closer
to mom whose chest was heaving
like a pumping tyre.
“What happened?” Nath inquired.
“Why don’t you ask Becky who wants
to kill me before my time?” Mom said
and with that pushed Nath’s aside
and walked out of the room.
“Tell us what happened?” Ken said
and led me to the bed. I narrated
everything to them and oh my word!
Loads and loads of advice filled my
small round head. “Becky this, Becky
that, Eric and David blablabla…” phew
(hope you understand)…
:
FAST FORWARD
:
I don’t want to bore you with
irrelevant stuffs, that’s why I fast
forward it to the next day…
:
I finished everything I had to do and
soon was on my way to David’s
house to call him so we could go to
school together as usual but sadly or
should I say rather unfortunately,
another shocker.
I knocked on David’s gate twice
before the gate was flung open to
reveal his sister in a black bom short
and C back red singlet. There was a
earpiece in her ear which she
removed to talk to me.
“David isn’t in, He told us he’ll call
you so you guys could go together,”
she said, looking surprised.
“He did? But I haven’t seen him,” I
said, clutching my biology textbook
to my chest. I had put the tip of my
pen in my hair since I wasn’t chanced
to plaite it.
“David left long ago, just go to school
coz I’m sure he’ll be there by now,
sorry for the stress.”
“Okay, thank you,” I said, smiling a bit
to cover up my pain filled eyes.
“Take care,” she smiled too, shifted
back a bit and closed the gate. “This
David must be a fool, how dare he lie
to me, mom!” I heard David’s sister
said. I could also hear her running
steps but I turned quietly and
headed to school…
:
PRESTIGIOUS INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
:
I entered the school compound and
to my utmost dismay, I saw the late
comers kneeling down. I checked my
time and realised that I wasn’t only
late but very very late. I regreted
ever going to call David. As I knelt
down, I glanced at Eric and my eyes
met his but he quickly averted his
gaze. I wondered if he would save
me today or I would have to cut
grass for one hour.
The puntuality prefect glanced at my
direction and asked all of us to stand
up.
“What nonsense!” Eric said in
annoyance. “Kneel back all of you,
why would you release them?” he
asked KC, the puntuality prefect.
“Your sister na, Becky,” KC whispered
but I could hear him coz I knelt close
to where they stood.
“Sister my ass,” Eric hissed. “No
brother or sister in government
work,” he said and adjusted his neck
tie.
“But Eric…” KC started to say.
“Hey!” Eric interrupted. “Don’t but
me,” he hissed again.
“What’s going on?” The head girl
walked up to them and asked but
Eric and KC just looked at each other
and walked away from her.
I had expected Eric to be angry but
not to this extent. I thought he said
he loved me, then what happened
now? I felt devastated but what
could I do? Absolutely Nothing than
to accept my ill fate.
Soon, the assembly was over.
Students could be seen running to
their classes. The Jss1 students
always looked funny coz they looked
like small tortoise with their big
school bag and low cut. In our school,
you only braid your hair from Ss1..
Soon, we were asked to stand and
line up which we did. They led us
towards the back of SS1 block and of
coz I felt happy coz I was going to
hand over my textbook and pen to
David for safe keeping.
When we got there, I obtained
permission and climbed up the
varenda and stood by the window
and called out to David in a whisper
but he ignored me. I even passed
the textbook to him but he refused
to collect.
Just then, the economics teacher
turned and shouted at me not to
disturb anyone in his class. Hmmm-
chai! I kukuma swallowed my
embarrassment and stepped down
from the varenda and walked back to
the line…
.
T.B.C

No comments:

Post a Comment