Trauma season 1 episode 9 - 9jalandzone

Breaking

Gallery

BANNER 728X90

Tuesday 30 January 2018

Trauma season 1 episode 9

TRAUMA
(PAINS OF LOVE)
WRITER:- NOBLEQUEEN_NYONG
08164066271
:
SEASON ONE
EPISODE NINE
* * *
BECKY’S HOUSE
:
My smile widened as I stared at
David who also stared back at me.
“Do you guys know each other?” My
mom asked.
“Uhm, yes ma, Goodevening to
everyone,” David greeted politely
and bowed a bit low as he greeted
which I guess was to save him the
trouble of walking round to greet
one by one.
“Mum, he’s my classmate,” I said.
“Wow! Let him join us then,” My
auntie smiled.
“Thanks ma but I only came to find
out if Becky was home coz I left
school before her, I will like to take
my leave now,” David bowed low
again and made to leave but mom
held his hands.
“It’s actually kind of you come check
up on my daughter, it goes a long
way to show that you care about her
well being but you won’t leave here
until you spend atleast an hour with
us, right?” Mom concluded and
looked at my cousins, then my
auntie and uncle.
“Mom…” I began.
“Sure, even more than an hour,” My
cousins smiled.
“Good, Becky, go up, change and
come downstairs,” my uncle said
while I nodded and headed upstairs,
wondering why my mom would
allow David to stay in our house for
over an hour…
:
After about thirty minutes, I came
downstairs and by then the time was
3:45pm. I had shower and changed
into a black leggings and yellow
cotton top. On normal days, I would
have wore my bom short and crop
top but then David was around and I
had to look responsible. I moved to
dining room where everyone were
seated, trying to cover my hair with
my hair net. Finally I did that but as I
was about pulling my chair to sit on,
David who sat beside my chair had
already stood up and pull my chair
backwards while my family members
especially my mom nodded in
approval…
To me, eating wasn’t a problem coz I
could eat with any of my family
members or few friends without
feeling shy but with David sitted
right beside me, I couldn’t even
bring myself to get the rice down my
throat and I ended up drinking lots
and lots of water.
“Becky, are you all right?” Nath
asked.
“Yes, I’m fine.”
“But you haven’t even touched your
food?” Josh added.
“Uhm, I’m eating,” I said and started
smiling for no reason. “I’m fine,” I
added and began eating to avoid
further interrogations. It seemed
everyone understood how I felt and
decided to let me be…
After lunch, mom, my auntie and
uncle went upstairs to discuss,
leaving me alone with my cousins
and David in the sitting room.
Soon, my cousins and David started
gisting and laughing like they had
known themselves for ages. I
couldn’t really understand it so I
kept mute but found myself
enjoying every bit of the moment
and wishing it would never end…
Time flew so fast and within a
twinkle of am eye, it was already
5:30pm and then David decided to
go. My cousins bade him goodbye
and asked him to come again by
weekend, then I was asked to see
him off to the gate which I
accepted…
:
OUTSIDE
:
David couldn’t stop smiling as we
walked to the gate.
“Why smiling?” I asked.
“Today was fun,” he answered and
stopped as we were at the gate.
I smile too but the smille didn’t last
long, “I’m sorry I shouted at you
today,” I apologised.
“Its nothing dear,” he said and
reached out to straighten my blouse
which didn’t need straightening.
“Did you just call me dear?”
“Yes, is it bad?”
“No! Just surprised,” I said and folded
my hands behind my back as we fell
silent and stood staring at each
other.
“David!” I prodded after seconds of
staring.
“Sorry,” he apologised and opened
the small gate. “See you tomorrow.”
“All right, take care, byee,” I hit his
shoulder playfully while he laughed
and ran out, then I closed the gate
and locked it…
:
BACK TO THE SITTING ROOM
:
I entered the sitting room to find my
cousins trying to adjust on their
seats and I quickly knew something
was amiss. Nath was twenty five
while Josh was twenty three but
each time I visited them during
holidays in New York, we always
played and acted like kids and we
were very close.
“Something is fishy,” I said and sat on
the couch opposite them.
They both glanced at each other and
smiled mischievously.
“I guess a teenager is beginning to…”
Josh started to say.
“Fall in love,” Nath concluded and
they bursted out in laughter.
“Fall in love, with who?” I asked as
curiousity got the better part of me.
“You of coz,” Nath said.
“Moi?” I asked in french.
“Before nko, who else,” Josh replied
in pidgin.
I hated that word “Love,” so I hissed
angrily and stood up. Then ran
upstairs to my room where I entered
and slammed the door behind me.
My cousins realised a bit too late that
they had said something hurtful to
me and by the time the came to
apologise, I was already fast asleep
or maybe pretending to sleep but
that night I had a very beautiful
dream about… Guess the person
yourself because I won’t mention
the name in the next episode…
:
T.B.C

No comments:

Post a Comment