Trauma season 1 episode 26 - 9jalandzone

Breaking

Gallery

BANNER 728X90

Tuesday 30 January 2018

Trauma season 1 episode 26

TRAUMA
(PAINS OF LOVE)
WRITER:-NOBLEQUEEN NYONG
08164066271
:
SEASON ONE
EPISODE TWENTY-SIX
* * *
TWO DAYS LATER
:
I woke up to find myself on bed. The
sharp smell of drugs pierced my
nostrils and my instints quickly told
me I was on an hospital bed. I slowly
opened my eyes and turned my
head.
“Where am I?” I asked.
“Thanks goodness, she’s awake,”
Nath exclaimed and stood up from
where he sat to my bedside while
Josh, my auntie and uncle also
surrounded me. I could also see my
mom standing beside the armchair
in the ward. Her eyes spelt confusion
and I guess she was confused as to
wether to come to me or not.
“Call the doctor please,” Nath said to
Josh.
“Alright,” Josh smiled and turned to
leave but mom spoke up.
“I will go,” she said and before one
could stop her, she was out of the
ward.
Nath sat beside me and held my
right hand, “The doctor said you
drank chemical mixed with
kerosene. Why? Please don’t try that
next time o coz I will just die for
you.”
“Die for me, am I your girlfriend?” I
asked drawly.
“Becky!” my uncle called. “You are
still not strong enough to start
arguing,” he said and touched my
forehead, then the doctor walked in.
The same doctor that said I fell and
hit my brain(kai, I will never forget,
lol).
Space was created for her to
examine me. “She needs to eat and
rest for now,” she said calmly with a
smile.
“I’ll get her some food,” my auntie
said.
“And I’ll come with you,” my uncle
added.
“I came with food,” Mom added,
trying to join the conversation.
My aunt eyed her angrily, “No!
Thanks,” she hissed and left with her
husband following her behind.
“I’ll be in my office but please Becky,
never you do such again,” the doctor
smiled at me.
Though I was weak but I felt a bit
happy, “I promise.”
“Good, get well soon,” she touched
my cheek and also left the ward.
Josh carried an armchair to my
bedside and sat on it. “Why?”
“Why what?” I questioned back.
“You know what I mean, don’t you?”
I glared at my mom who stood crying
like an helpless chicken. “I’m sorry, It
won’t happen again,” I apologised.
Truth is, I had drank the chemical
that faithful morning coz I wanted to
punish my mom but unfortunately
my plan failed.
“Better cos you’ve been unconscious
for two days and you’ve missed
school too,” Nath frowned.
I smiled at him, “Stop frowning na, I
said I’m sorry.”
That got him and he smiled too
while Josh was just grinning like a
fool(sorry Josh, lol).
Soon my auntie and uncle came in
with a big white bag that had
“Crunches+” on it. Nath helped me sit
up as Josh collected the bag and
placed it on the small cupboard that
was beside my bed.
“Who and who will eat all this?” Josh
asked.
“Na una sabi,” my uncle said in pidgin
and my cousins laughed. Josh
brought out a plate of jollof rice and
pointed it towards me, then opened
it. Gosh! The aroma was so aromantic
(lol) but I knew I wouldn’t be able to
eat even half of the food.
“Oya baby yo, open your mouth and
eat,” Josh said as he scouped the rice
with a spoon to my mouth but mom
moved towards us.
“Let me feed her,” she requested
while Josh shook his head
negatively.
“Do you want to poison her too?” my
auntie asked as she turned to where
she stood and pushed her
backwards.
“She is my child,” mom protested.
“And you killed her father,” my
auntie retorted.
Mom looked deeply hurt, “Esty
please don’t start,” she pleaded. “I’ve
cried enough.”
“You’ve not even seen something
yet, I will make sure you rot in jail,”
My auntie fired but then my uncle
reached out and held her waist.
“Come on baby, that’s enough,
people do make mistakes,” he
pleaded.
“Mistake fire!”
“Please don’t mind them, eat,” Josh
said, trying to force the food into my
mouth.
“I’ve lost my appetite,” I declined
and shook my head in the negative.
“Please just a little,” Nath said,
looking at me like one who was
asking his girlfriend for forgiveness
but again I shook my head.
“Shae you’ve seen what you’ve
caused, shameless bitch of a sister,”
my auntie hissed and pushed my
mom backwards again.
“Honey stop this madness, she is still
your sister and blood,” my uncle
rebuked in annoyance.
My auntie wriggled out of his hold,
“Tufia, God forbid bad sister,
contaminateg blood, devil incarnate,
wolf in sheep clothing…”
“Mom!” Nath and Josh interrupted in
unison.
“What?” My auntie turned to them,
ready to vent her anger on them.
“Hia!! Drama,” Nath laughed. One
thing I loved about him is that he
always manages to laugh so as to
reduce tension even in the midst of
crisis.
Just then, Eric walked into the ward
with his father and Ken.
My joy knew no bounds as I set my
eyes on him. I jumped down from my
bed and ran to him, then threw
myself on him, surprising everyone
with my action.
“I’ve missed you so much,” I smiled
happily.
“What?” Nath exclaimed, unable to
believe his ears…
.
.
T.B.C

No comments:

Post a Comment